FAQ's ABOUT INGREDIENTS
1. What ingredients are in your DIY craft kits?
Bath Fizzie Kit
- Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, (may contain: Pink Mica: Mica (CI 77019), Carmine (CI 75470). Aqua Mica: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491; CI 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161).Witch Hazel: Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sodium Benzoate.Natural Fragrances: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Natural Fragrance (parfum)
Lip Balm Kit
- Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Natural Flavor Oils: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Natural Flavors (aroma). )
Lip Gloss Kit
- Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Organic Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil, Yellow Colorant: Glycerin, Annato (CI 75120). Purple Colorant: Glycerin, Carmine (CI 75470). Pink Colorant: Glycerin, Carmine (CI 75470). Natural Flavor Oils: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Natural Flavors (aroma).
Glycerin Soap Kit - SLS-free!
- Sodium Cocoate (Saponified Oil of Coconut), Sodium Palmate (Saponified Oil of Palm), Sodium Olivate (Saponified Olive Oil), Deionized Water, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sorbeth-40 (Sorbitol), Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.
Pink Colorant: Corn Starch, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470). Blue Colorant/Colorant/Colorante: Mica (77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (77163), Ultramarines (77007), Magnesium Stearate. Gold Colorant: Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide (77891), Iron Oxide (77499).
Natural Fragrances: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Natural Fragrance (parfum).
2. Do the kits contain any parabens? Sulfates? Propylene glycol?
Our products do NOT contain any of the following: sulfates, synthetic fragrances, parabens, harsh surfactants (SLS), synthetic dyes or petrochemicals. We source all of our ingredients in North America and our products are produced right here in Canada. We ensure that all of our products are safe and all natural, just the way mother nature intended. We all want what is best for our children, so here at Kiss Naturals, our products are first developed in our home, then tested on our family. We do not test on animals!
3. Do any of your products risk nut/gluten/common allergen contamination at the factory?
While we’re not in the nut business, we have no way to guarantee that one of our workers hasn’t touched or eaten a peanut butter or tuna fish sandwich, for example, then touched their clothes before washing up and putting on their lab coat and gloves for work.
4. What are the colorants made of?
- Pink Mica: Mica (CI 77019), Carmine (CI 75470).
- Aqua Mica: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491; CI 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161).
- Blue Mica: Mica (77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (77163), Ultramarines (77007), Magnesium Stearate.
- Gold Mica: Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide (77891), Iron Oxide (77499).
- Yellow Colorant: Glycerin, Annato (CI 75120).
- Purple Colorant: Glycerin, Carmine (CI 75470).
- Pink Colorant: Glycerin, Carmine (CI 75470).
5. Why do you color with micas and not oxides?
We decided to use micas because they don’t stain like oxides do. If you get a little bit on your clothing, it will wash away nicely.
6. Can I add food coloring/any coloring to the bath bombs/lip balms/soaps?
If you don’t want to use the colorants provided in the kits, you can use your own, but we highly recommend sticking to natural colorants as much as you can. Food coloring in a bath bomb may stain the skin (and your tub!), and other synthetic colorants aren’t always safe for kids. Please be sure to read up on colorants before you attempt to do so.
7. What’s in your fragrances?
While our natural fragrance combinations remain a trade secret, it’s good to note that they are all IFRA compliant (International Fragrance Association). For more information on IFRA’s natural fragrance standards, visit http://www.ifraorg.org/.
- Our fragrances contain: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Natural Fragrance (parfum)
8. Do your products contain titanium dioxide?
The colored micas used in our soap & bath bomb kits contain titanium dioxide (a naturally occurring oxide of titanium), which is considered harmful only when it’s in powdered form and can be inhaled in significant quantities. Our quantities are very small, but we aren’t in the business of taking chances with our health, so we went one step further in our soap kits and mixed our colored micas in a clear glycerin soap base for you so you don’t have to worry about inhaling any powdered particles! In regards to the Bath Bomb kit, however, we were unable to suspend the titanium dioxide in a liquid or solid or remove it completely since it’s part of the mica colorant. So, we’ve decided to include a compostable dust mask in each kit instead.
9. The lava lip gloss kits contain castor oil. Is this product safe for pregnant women?
Because castor oil is not recommended for use by pregnant women, we suggest using safflower oil from the kit only and omitting the step where you add the castor oil, as indicated in the instructions. It may produce a little less gloss overall per tube, but you’ll certainly rest easier.
10. Can we get refills for parts of the kits?
Not yet but we’re working on it! In the meantime, you can find the full kits on this website or at your local natural products stores. Here’s a list of suppliers we love: https://kissnaturals.ca/pages/store-locator
11. You say that your products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If I am unhappy, who do I contact?
Oh no! We want to fix that. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work on making sure that you walk away from your experience with a smile.
12. I saw your product reviewed by a YouTuber and it didn’t get a great review. While it’s cool that you want honest reviews, What are you doing to improve your products?
We take feedback very seriously! You may be referring to reviews done by YouTubers like NerdECrafter. While it doesn’t feel good to have your product picked apart, we believe that truly honest reviews keep businesses like our in check, and as a result, you benefit as a consumer! We had to ask ourselves if we were providing the best DIY craft kit for kids on the market. We were the only one providing DIY craft kits with 100% natural ingredients, sure, but we needed to improve our packaging and tighten up our formulations. So that’s exactly what we’ve done! We’ve even taken extra steps towards being a greener company! Out with the plastic tray and plastic spatulas, in with compostable wooden spatulas and reusable cloth storage bags!
13. You used to carry other products and I can’t get them anymore. Why?
We miss them, too. Sadly, it was just you and us who were excited about them, and it was unfortunately necessary to stop producing them.
FAQ’s about Ethics:
1. Are your products Vegan friendly?
Not yet. Several of our products contain carmine. Carmine is a common ‘red’ colorant used in any number of products around the world, and it is made from crushed beetles shells. While it isn’t ideal that we are using an animal product, it is far safer to use than any synthetic red dyes on the market, and it is the ONLY FDA-approved colorant.
We also use beeswax in our Lip Balm Kit. We are looking at alternatives, so keep checking back.
2. Are your products tested on animals?
No! We have never tested these products on animals. Only ourselves, our friends, and our family.
3. Are your products organic?
Many of the ingredients in our kits are! Here’s a list of the organic ingredients used across our line: organic shea butter, organic beeswax, organic safflower oil, and organic castor oil. We are trying to make our way to a totally organic line, but it takes a little bit of time.
4. Are your products fair trade/ethical?
All of our suppliers espouse a philosophy of fair trade and ethical work attitudes!
FAQ’s about Education and Our Mission:
1. What does STEAM/STEM stand for?
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. “STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.” ~Susan Riley
2. What is upcycling and why should I do it?
Upcycling is reusing discarded objects or material in such a way as to create something new. It is actually more ecological to reuse something than it is to recycle it. Upcycling eliminates waste and adds even more fun STEAM time with your kids. Here are some links to upcycling ideas on our blog: https://kissnaturals.ca/blogs/tutorials
3. Why do you donate to Shine through the Rain and not Charity XYZ?
We’ve been donating funds and kits to charities for years, but Shine Through The Rain really impacted us. Their mission is to help those affected by life-threatening illness. After discovered that one of the side effects of chemotherapy was severely chapped lips, we knew this was an area we could be of help! After doing some research, we learned that people undergoing chemo and radiation are often advised to switch from regular body care products to all-natural, organic products. Our kits not only provide a chemical-free alternative, they make a great indoor activity, and an all-natural product which can be shared, since each kit makes at least six products.
Another reason why we chose Shine Through the Rain was that they are very transparent about where the money from our donations go, and the majority of it goes directly to the children, rather than to handle administrative costs.
4. Why do you talk so much about upcycling on your website?
We care deeply about the planet. We don’t want to just manufacture a product whose components end up in the dump. Just as we teach kids how to make their own body care products, we hope to remind them of the importance of keeping our world a clean, healthy place. It’s a tall order, and one we can’t do alone. So we ask our team of creatives, and YOU, to come up with clever ways to upcycle the components of a Kiss Naturals box. We’ve taken the extra step of removing the plastic tray and spatula in our kits, and replacing them with reusable cloth storage bags, compostable wooden spatulas, and compostable cardboard inserts which can be upcycled into a host of different things!
5. Will you be adding more to your line?
Yes, yes, and yes! We are launching a line of DIY kits for grown-ups in just a few months, so stay tuned!
FAQs about Awards:
1. What is the Dr Toy award?
1. If I want to buy a lot of kits for a special event, can I get a discount?
We can work something out to make sure that your party is super fun. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll figure out what you need together.
2. My school wants to raise money for an even but we don’t know how. Do you do fundraisers?
We sure do! If you’re looking to raise money for your school or organization, give us a shout! We provide you with all the tools you need: order forms, samples, and sales support.
3. I’m a store and I want to carry your kits! Who do I contact?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://kissnaturals.ca/pages/wholesale
4. I LOVE your products and I want to give a testimonial. How do I do that?
Thank you so much! Leaving a review on Amazon, Google, or Facebook helps us the most! But if you’d like yours to be posted on our site, we encourage you to email us directly at email@example.com.
5. Do you make DIY kits for grownups?
We certainly do! Save the date of September 1st in your calendar and come back for the launch of our new DIY lifestyle for grownups!