Crystals, jewels, and gems are essential to any good magic lover's arsenal! Whether you’ve dreamed of being a mermaid, fairy or witch, these gemstone soaps are the perfect mystical craft and guaranteed fun for the whole family!
If you want to learn how to make your own gemstone soaps, just keep reading!
- Using the supplies in your Glycerin Soap Kit, we're going to begin by making simple, colored soaps. Grab both of the measuring cups provided and put one block of clear soap in each, along with a small piece of colorant of your choosing. To give your soap more dimension, consider mixing colors! Our kits include 3 mica-based soap colorants: Cyan, Brilliant Gold, and Pink.
- With an adult's help, melt your soap (along with the colorants) in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time. Make sure the soap doesn't boil over and you don't burn your fingers! Stir until the mica-based colors are fully incorporated.
- Then, pour the mixtures into your soap molds. Allow 15 minutes for each soap to harden.
- Remove the soap from the molds, cut them into tiny pieces, then set aside.
- Cut the remaining color blocks into even smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add a mixture of soap cuttings to the bottom of the silicone molds.
- Melt another block of glycerin soap and pour it over the chopped pieces. Wait another 15 minutes for it to harden.
- Now it's time to carve out your gemstone! ***Adults to do this step as it requires an Exacto knife. Begin by cutting the edges of your soap until you get a basic oval shape. Play around with different angled cuts until you get a "gemstone" look.
How did your gemstone soap bars come out? Share your experience with us in the comments below! For more family fun check out the rest of our tutorials!