DIY Unicorn Bookmark Upcycle + free download
VIDEO TUTORIAL DOWN BELOW
Today’s tutorial is perfect for book lovers, unicorn connoisseurs, DIYer’s, and the like! Learn how to make this easy and beautiful bookmark that will have all your friends wanting one, too. The best part? This do-it-yourself activity is eco-friendly because it reuses materials from your Kiss Naturals kit. Let’s get started!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Our free printable unicorn template
- A Kiss Naturals box
- Optional: Glitter, Sequins, Pom Poms
Here’s What to Do
- Enjoy your Kiss Naturals kit! You have a few to choose from. Which one is your favorite?
Open the box at the seams so that it lays flat.
Today, we'll be using the back panel square of the box, so cut off all the surrounding pieces.
- Print out our free unicorn template and cut out the unicorn shapes.
- Place the cut-outs onto the square panel you just cut from the box. Trace around them.
- Now, the fun part! Color in and decorate all of the unicorn pieces to your heart's desire! Stick to a theme for your unicorn, or maybe add every color from the box! If you're feeling extra creative, you can even add glitter or pom poms. Get creative!
- Once you’ve got your unicorn all decorated, cut out all of your pieces. We're ready to assemble this fantastically fun page marker!
The next few steps are about to get sticky. Get your glue ready!
- Glue the two swirly mains onto the sides of the unicorn's face, allowing 3-5 minutes for to dry. Then, insert the unicorn horn into the slit you cut on the main swirl. Glue the horn and the swirl to the top of the unicorn's head.
- Lastly, turn the bookmark around and glue the triangle to the back by using a super-thin strip of glue on two angles - so it looks like a tipi.
Make sure the center point is pointing upward.
Allow 3 - 5 minutes for this to dry. Now your unicorn is ready to mark pages!
There you have it! A super cute unicorn bookmark that will make reading that much more fun! Create several just for yourself or share with your favorite teacher or librarian. Be sure to check out our website for more tutorials and all natural DIY products! And if you want to share your unicorn creations with us, add the hashtag #knupcycles!