VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW
With the weather dropping in temperature and the holiday season right around the corner, we're sure getting the winter vibes! Why not celebrate with a few winter crafts!
Today’s DIY stocking stuffer makes the ideal gift for your siblings, friends, teachers, or for yourself. If you want to learn how to turn your lip balm into a snowman, keep reading below!
What You’ll Need:
- Plain sheet of paper
- 1 lip balm (get your kit here)
- A piece of red felt, fabric or ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue (or use white glue if you have some extra time)
- 1 cotton ball
- Colored ribbon
- An orange marker
- Black permanent marker
***ATTENTION: Please be careful not to burn yourself if you are using a hot glue gun. Adult supervision is a must.***
Steps to Make Your Snowman:
- First, we need to wrap this little guy in a solid color. We've cut out a piece of plain white paper and wrapped it around the tube, careful not to cover the twist-up dial or the cap of the lip balm. Seal it with a bit of glue.
- Starting with this little guy's hat, let's cut off a piece of red felt (or fabric or ribbon), and wrap the lid. You'll want some fabric to stand straight up off the lid by about an inch.
- To give the hat a more polished look, let's put a dab or glue at the very top and pinch it shut.
- Now that your snowman has on his toasty warm hat, grab your cotton ball and slowly pull the cotton ball in half. By pulling slowly, the cotton fibers will lengthen, giving you a long piece to work with. Using one half, wrap the cotton around the base of your lip balm lid, attaching with glue along the way. This will give the Santa Clause hat effect we're looking for.
- The other half of your cotton ball is going to be used as a topper to the red hat. Secure it with a drop of hot glue.
- Tie a piece of colourful ribbon around the middle of your snowman. This is going to be their scarf. Cut off any extra ribbon at a diagonal angle, so that the ends don’t fray.
- Let’s bring your snowman to life! Grab your black permanent marker and draw on a face. You can make your snowman smiling, laughing or maybe even scary. Get creative!
- Lastly, draw the buttons and arms with the permanent marker and add some orange to his nose.
Woohoo, you did it!! You took your lip balm from bland to festive!
Tag us on Instagram using #KNupcycles and tell us in the comments below who you will share these lip balms with!