Fun Facts about Water
Water is the basis of fluid for all living organisms and one of the main ingredients in many Kiss Naturals products.
You may be saying to yourself “that's interesting, but I don’t think there is anything else particularly enthralling about water.” Well, let's see what we else we can learn about water!
Photo Credit: Rony Michaud pixabay.com
*** Disclosure: The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat cure or prevent any sickness or disease. Please reach out to a medical professional for any medical advice.***
- The human brain is made up of around 70% water! Whoa!
- Similar to the human brain, water covers around 70% of Earth’s surface! What a coincidence!
- The first water pipes in the United States were made from wood, whereas nowadays they are mostly made out of copper.
- Water is so vital to human existence. A person can live roughly a month without food, but only a week without water!
- Every single day we lose slightly more than a glass of water from our bodies, just by exhaling.
- Water expands when it freezes! How cool?!
- Sometimes, hot water actually freezes faster than cold water, which is known as the Mpemba effect!
- Brazil is the country that contains the most amount of fresh water, followed by Russia, United States, Canada and China.
- One pound of beef requires 1,799 gallons of water.
- One apple requires 18 gallons of water.
- The human body is comprised mostly of water, however, the amount of water in a human body changes as we age. A foetus is made up of roughly 95% water, whereas an adult body is roughly 60-70% water. Isn’t that neat?
- The chemical formula of water is called H2O, but what does this mean? The H2 means that there are 2 hydrogen atoms in water, and the O means that there is 1 oxygen atom in water.
- Water is such a fundamental part of human existence, but most of the Earth’s water supply is salty. When it comes down to it, only 1% of the world’s water is available for drinking!
- A jellyfish and a cucumber are both 95% water. I would have never guessed that!
- In a child's first six months of life they consume seven times as much water per pound than the average adult. That is insanity!
- NASA has discovered water on the moon in the form of ice! Wouldn't it be nice if we could just hop on a spaceship to go see the ice on the moon? Maybe, someday in the future! Comment below a moon emoji ( if your on your phone or write a comment about the moon if your on a computer) if you wish that one day we could just casually hop on a spaceship!
- Newborn babies are born with 78% of their body containing water. Astonishing!
- Leaks in the New York City water supply system results in 36 MILLION gallons of water wasted daily!
- March 22nd is World Water Day! The observance day was founded by the UN to advocate for sustainable use and management of our earth's freshwater resources.
Water is pretty captivating after all, isn't it? Do you think next World Water day you’ll be celebrating and trying to reduce your water consumption? Tell us below.