What exactly is “kokum butter”?
Kokum is a fruit from the garcinia indica tree. The fruit is a dark purple color and its outer appearance resembles that of a small plum. Kokum is a rare fruit that has health, culinary, and beauty uses. Today’s article dives into all the fun facts on kokum butter! Don’t forget to comment below and let us know what fact you found to be the most interesting!
*** Disclosure: The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any sickness or disease. Please reach out to a medical professional for any medical advice.***
- Kokum butter is often referred to as an Indian superfood due to its many healing properties and uses!
- On a hot summer day, there is nothing better than an ice cold drink! The juice from the kokum fruit is said to provide a refreshing and cooling effect. Yum!
- The garcinia indica tree grows very slowly and the kokum fruit only grows to be about the size of a cherry tomato!
- Kokum butter has been used to fight infections and can actually help speed up the healing time of wounds.
- Looking to improve the health and shine of your hair? Apply kokum butter to promote hair growth and to make your hair silky smooth!
- It is said that kokum butter has amazing anti-aging benefits! Kokum butter has cell repair and regeneration properties and can enhance the overall texture of your skin. Sign me up!
- If you are feeling sick, kokum might be just what you need! Kokum is great at boosting immunity and can help protect your immune system from nasty germs and pathogens.
- Kokum has something called garcinol, which can help improve your overall brain health. Neat! This powerful ingredient can help prevent the plaque build-up in your brain that may lead to brain diseases and helps retain neural pathways.
Kokum Side Effects:
- Kokum is known to be pungent and should not be consumed with milk because the two mixed together may cause digestive issues.
- Kokum should also not be used by those with severe skin issues, as it may increase irritation.
Just keep these effects in mind when using kokum or kokum butter, and always listen your body if something isn't reacting well with you. Be sure to check out the rest of our website for all-natural products, beauty tips and tricks, free printables, and so much more!